Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nightly Face Routine

So I'm back from Vegas and was all set to do a haul post, but then I realized I accidentally left some haul items at my mom's...oops. I get kind of lazy about packing when I know I can just have my mom send or bring my stuff with her when she visits. So anyway, I thought I'd make this post about my current nightly skincare routine, because I've surprisingly been getting compliments on my extremely unideal skin type (oily, with some uneveness due to freckling and hyperpigmentation). To start out with, I've been removing my makeup with Josie Maran's Bear Naked wipes:They are called Bear Naked because a portion of the sale price goes to help protect polar bears and their environment. They also smell nice and are very gentle!

Next I've been cleansing with Lush's Coalface charcoal soap:
I've been using the wedge for about a month and a half, and there's still a good amount left. There are little beads inside the bar that exfoliate, so it's really a cleanser and exfoliator in one. And despite the fact that it's charcoal based, it still smells good! Next I apply Clinque's Even Better Serum:I wasn't too sure of this product at first, because I didn't see much of a difference. With this, patience is key, because it took about a month before I saw my complexion get more even. Normally I hate gazing in the mirror in the harsh Nevada sunlight, but this time I was stoked to see the improvement in my skin! And then comes my favorite party of my nightly ritual - applying my whatever my current Haus of Gloi lotion is! Right now it is Selkie Pumpkin Butter, from the spring line.

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I think I need a skincare change. I have hyperpigmentation issues too, and use Clinique's Even Better (not clinical). I don't know if it's working well enough for me, but it seems to control breakouts to some level, oddly enough. I've never tried coalface, but I've always wanted too. Perhaps next time I'm in LUSH...

    ReplyDelete